Want to help shape ASPPA's advocacy from the inside? Join the Government Affairs Committee! Membership is a great way to play an integral role in the outreach efforts ASPPA works on daily, while gaining valuable expertise in government affairs and lobbying.
The ASPPA asap is a service provided by the ASPPA Government Affairs Committee to provide members with analysis of the latest breaking news and technical releases in ASPPA's fields of interest. They provide a more in-depth analysis of what various government regulations and guidance means to ASPPA members than provided by GAC Alerts.
In its role of closely monitoring legislative and regulatory actions, ASPPA Government Affairs directs its comments and testimony to appropriate agencies, clearly reflecting the stance of ASPPA and its members. Click the link above to view more than a decade's worth of comment letters to various executive-branch government agencies, covering every rule or regulation ASPPA has been active on.
Check here regularly for the latest updates on what Congress is doing to protect, or undermine, the interests of both ASPPA members and the people they serve.
The toolkit above will help you become an expert on the issues that are affecting your livelihood; they are designed to give you guidance on how to lobby your local elected officials, your peers and your neighbors, and educate them on the importance and value of the private employer-based retirement system.
Click the link above for over a decade's worth of exclusive insight and information about the regulations and rule changes that have affected your business.
Make your voice heard! Learn more about ARA's PAC!
See above to view the last 16 years of Government Affairs representatives' testimony in front of both Congress and state legislatures, on behalf of all ASPPA members.
More Government Affairs Resources
- Retirement Savings and Tax Expenditure Estimates (September 2016)
- Distributional Analysis and Pension Tax Provisions
- Delivering ERISA Disclosure for Defined Contribution Plans: Why the Time Has Come to Prefer Electronic Delivery
- Sample Glossary of Investment-Related Terms for Disclosures to Retirement Plan Participants
- Retirement Savings and Tax Expenditure Estimates (April 2012)
- Retirement Savings and Tax Expediture Estimates (May 2011)
- Proposals to Enhance the Private Retirement Plan System
- Revenue Estimates and Retirement Policy